|The view from my bedroom window last week|
I'm a real sufferer of the January blues. Winter and I are not good bed fellows and by the middle/end of February I am climbing the walls as I can no longer face another day of 15 layers, the temperature being in single figures, and the grey dank drizzle that all signify winter.
Where I am, we have had weeks of rain; meaning floods and mud everywhere, followed by a week of snow which was lovely for all of five minutes before it froze and getting around was a nightmare and now we are back to lashing rain, howling gales and even more mud.
So instead of being a miserable old so and so which I usually am at this time of year, I've decided to count my blessings and think what I can do which will bring me out of my January misery. So......
- I am going to enjoy snuggling down in front of the fire, with a good book or two
- I am going to dance wildly and stupidly around my living room to some old '80s classics
- Have more date nights at the cinema, after all once you are in the cinema you can't tell what season it currently is! (plus I always get pic n mix!)
- Try and get into baking more - baking and I are also not the best of friends
- Start looking at colour charts as I fancy a change to some of my home decor
- Have a great big hot chocolate (now and then) with all the trimmings, you know marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles and lashings of squirty cream.
So what are you all doing to beat the January blues?